Uh oh. You just found out you have to give a presentation tomorrow. Your first thought might be “I can’t do this.”
Well, we’re here to tell you you can. Many presentations happen this way; it’s more rare you get advance notice.
You can use the same preparation steps we’ve already talked about, just slightly condensed.
- Create your audience journey map.
- For each stop on the map, jot down some talking points.
- If you’re using slides, create one slide per stop with an extra for charts or data if needed.
- Add your talking points to the notes section of the slide, or print them. You don’t have time to memorize, and that’s okay!
- Rehearse out loud, as many times as you can. Even better, get someone to watch you and provide feedback.
- Don’t forget your warm up exercises!
You may not have time for major changes along the way, but remember: you’re the topic expert and your audience wants to hear what you have to say. Most of all, have fun!